The 2014-2015 state budget relies on the following:
- State tax growth projections of approximately 3.5%.
- New revenue from a Philadelphia casino license (which has not yet been awarded).
- Revenue/savings from the Enhanced Revenue Collection Account, which was created in 2010 to let the Department of Revenue perform expanded tax return review and tax collection activities to increase state tax collections.
- Revenue from non-surface impact drilling for natural gas in state forests and on park lands.
- Transfers from various special budgetary funds into state government’s general fund.
- Savings to be generated from changes to the State Treasury’s ESCHEATs, or unclaimed property, program.
- Less spending anticipated by state government for tax refunds.